Monday, August 2, 2010

Becoming a writer

My story- This is a story that I wrote when I was in eighth grade. I thought it would be fun for everyone to see my writing from a very early age.



“Kiara, Kiara we’re going out the door. Come on.”
“I’m coming mom” I called back. Hurriedly I grabed my shoes put them on and rushed to the door where my family was waiting. “I’m here” I announced excitedly.
“What took you so long?” My sister asked.
“I was just getting my shoes on” I answered annoyed.
“Come on lets go.” My mother said.
“Yeah lets go get something to eat.” My father announced cheerfully. So that is what we did, we went on a sunny hot day in St. George to The Chinese Bufett. The food was great and I stuffed myself with all the great foods; especially the Ice Cream. We were all eating happily when my Dad got a call on his Cell phone. In the next minute everything happened so fast; my dad put down his Cell phone then spoke something to my mother and then both my mother and father sat down looking somewhat upset. They did not eat anything after that. Althought us kids ate plenty. Me and my sister were the last ones to finish up eating and while we did two Chinese men who worked their stared and looked at us and asked us questions like how old we were and what are names were. I did nothing but tell them the truth. Then we walked out to join the rest of our family in the car.
“There you two are.” Said mom the moment we got into the car. “We were beginning to wonder if you would ever come out of the resturant.”
I just smiled. My Mom still looked a little discouraged like she had looked after my dad recieved that strange phone call. “Mom is everything ok?” I asked.
“I’ll tell you later” was all she said.
I was very confused at these words and I wanted to ask my Mom what she meant but I thought better of it. Yet I still wondered if I would ever know what she meant.

***********

Late that day when we got back to our hotel my parents fianally told us what had been bothering them. The call that my father had recieved earlier that day had been a call from his Sergeant in the National Guard saying that his unit was to go to war. We now understood why my parents had been so upset. We all agreed that that resturant was bad luck.

*********

“Comeone guys we need to get ready for Morgans baptism.” My mom called. We all groned not wanting to get in to our sunday dresses to go to Morgan our cousins baptism. I knew that it was important for me to go and support my cousin in her descison to get baptized yet I did not want to get into a dress. “Kiara” my mother called again “we are leaving in 15 minutes.”
“Allright” I called “I’m coming.” I began to pull on my dress though I was not very pleased about it then I wrestled on my tights and finally about 5 minutes later I had them on.
“Kiara are you coming?” My sister called.
“Yeah give me a minute.” I said. A few seconds later I walked over to the door where Mauri my sister was wa•iting. “What took you so long?” My sister asked.
“You do not want to know.” I replied.
*********

When we reached the church we were greeted by my Aunt the mother of Morgan who greeted us warmly. “Hi I am very glad to see that you made it ok.”
“Yeah so are we.” My dad replied.
“I was quite upset when I heard that you had been called to go to war.” She said changing the subject. “It must be very hard for all of you. What do your children think of this or have you not told them yet?” She asked my dad.
“We’ve told them and I honestly do not know what they are thinking.” He answered. I knew what I was thinking though. I was thinking that I was going to miss my dad very much. The rest of the night was alot of fun and soon enough I forgot that my dad was going to war and just enjoyed all the refreshments. During the party I asked my mom if we would be able to stay in a choir that we did while my dad was away. She said that she did not know. I began to get the feeling that things were going to be different while my dad was away and I wondered if things would ever be the same again.

epilogue

My dad really did go to war but things did not turn out to be that bad. Like we thought that he was going to have to go to Kuwait but he did not go their he went to Washington instead we were very greatful for that and we were able to continue the choir that we were in. Now my dad is going to war again this time we are pretty sure that he will be going to Iraq but we will always pray for him. I did miss my dad when he went almost two years ago and he was only gone for 6 months. This time he will be gone for a year and a half. I have no idea what it will be like but I guess that I’m just going to have to find that out. Last time he went he came back on my birthday exactly. That was very special I will never forget that day. We went to IHOP. I am really sad that he has to go again but I know that Hevenly Father will help me through it.

the end

No comments:

Post a Comment